Cancer in children is called Paediatric Cancer, this can occur anywhere in the body, like blood and lymphatic systems, brain and spinal cord (central nervous system; CNS), kidneys, and other organs and tissues. Childhood cancer is a common term that is used to explain different types of cancer types and also non-cancerous types which are found in children. The good news is that all childhood cancers are treatable and most are curable.
Exposure to High Levels of Ionizing Radiation
● Leukemia -It is among one-third of all childhood cancers which is found in the blood and bone marrow.
● Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors – They commonly occur in the lower parts of the brain like the cerebellum or brain stem.
● Lymphomas -Swollen lymph nodes under the neck and armpit are among the common symptoms.
● Wilms tumor – usually starts in one or both kidneys, causing swelling or lump in the abdomen.
● Neuroblastoma – This type of cancer mostly develops in infants and young children.
● Bone Cancers – Most common types of bone cancers are Osteosarcoma and Ewing Sarcoma
Surgery – The tumor is removed by an operation
Chemotherapy – To stop the growth of cancer cells medical drugs are given.
Radiotherapy – High energy rays are used to destroy the cancer cells in one particular area of the body, it is an invisible treatment.
Bone Marrow Transplantation – It is a medical procedure done to replace the damaged bone marrow with healthy bone marrow cells
Don’t wait until tomorrow. Talk to our doctors today and learn how to start leveraging your situation.