How Should You Overcome With Cancer Pain? Part 2
Before starting with the solutions to the cancer pain, you need to know what are the reasons of the cancer pain and whom to consult for it.
Read on – How Should You Overcome With Cancer Pain? Part 1
Solutions For Your Cancer Pain
Managing Pain With Painkillers
Each cancer patient might have different level of pain. In order to treat different levels of pain, different painkillers known as analgesics are available along with bisphosphonates and steroids. The right combination of these painkillers will be provided to you by your doctor or the healthcare team.
Managing Pain With Treatments
Painkillers are not the only solution to the pain suffered by cancer patients. Cancer treatments along with painkillers help in managing the pain. The different cancer treatments that you can take are-
- Radiotherapy- In order to reduce the pain and various other symptoms, high energy rays are used to contract cancer with the help of Radiotherapy. This kind of treatment is generally used when the cancer spreads to the bones.
- Anti-cancer drugs- The anti-cancer drugs will help you in reducing the pain and contracting the cancer through- chemotherapy, hormonal therapy and immunotherapy.
- Nerve blocks- This treatment will help in blocking the nerve that is sending pain messages to the brain which will not only reduce pain but will also reduce the intake of strong painkillers.
- Surgery- It will help in controlling pain by removing the tumour. It will also help the damaged bone to recover and strengthen.
- Physiotherapy and Exercise- A gentle massage and exercise will help in reducing the stiffness as well as the pain that you have.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy- This treatment will help you in changing your thinking and acting. This therapy will not actually eliminate the pain but will help you to cope with it.
- Trans-Cutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)- A mild electrical current is passed through wires, attaching them to the skin near the area of pain. The sensation that the electrical current will arise in your body will reduce your pain.
These were some of the treatments that you can take under the guidance of your doctor or the healthcare. There are many ways through which you can manage the pain at home as well-
- Sit in a comfortable position
- Use warm or cold pads to relieve the pains
- Distract your mind by doing something else
- Use special equipments like special mattresses, pillows or cushions
- Do some kind gentle exercises to relieve the stress, distract your mind and energy
These are some of the ways in which you can manage your cancer pain. Take proper guidance and help from your doctor. Follow us on Instagram to know more about cancer.
Leave a Reply