How Should You Overcome With Cancer Pain?
The intensity of cancer pain differs from case to case. There are various medicines and non-drug treatments as well which will help you in overcoming the pain. Here’s how you can overcome cancer pain, even if it’s severe.
People suffering from cancer, experience a lot of physical pain. Can this pain be overcome?
Yes, the cancer pain can be overcome. People generally have this misconception that a person who is suffering from cancer will definitely experience pain and the intensity of the pain will increase with the increased advancement of the cancer. Thus, this is not true.
The pain depends on the immunity of that specific person and it differs from person to person. Also, people suffering from cancer can have pain due to different reasons. Generally, people will experience pain not just because of cancer but it can also be due to the treatments and the after effects of the same.
Read on – Types of Cancer Rehabilitation in India
Common Reasons for Cancer Pain
Some common reasons for pain are-
- The blockage in any part of your body due to cancer which will hamper its normal functioning.
- The damage of tissues in a particular area due to surgery.
- The damage of skin of the treated area due to radiotherapy.
- The side-effects such as muscle pain, joint pain, sore mouth or nerve damage due to anti-cancer drugs.
There can be changes in the levels of these pains but the most important thing that you should keep in mind is- discussing about any such kind of pain with your doctor. The most effective way of managing your pain is-
- discussing about the pain and its effects with your doctor
- telling the healthcare about the intensity of the pain
Whom To Contact When You Are In Pain
There can be situations when you are not with your doctor or the healthcare team, in such cases you must be aware of the health care professionals who can help you in situations of pain. People you can talk to about your pain:
- Cancer Doctor or Nurse
- Occupational therapist
These people will help you and will provide accurate treatment for the pain. The solutions for cancer pain are coming up the next blog.